Hiring Range: $120,000-$150,000
American Custom Meats, LLC a West Coast Meat Processing Plant has an immediate need for a Food Research & Development Manager.
The successful candidate must be able to lead and coordinate the R & D team responsible for the technical activities of product improvement including innovation, and new product development. This position is responsible for managing all R&D technical documents and label information to conform with up-to-date regulatory requirements and will work closely with both sales and operations coordinating the development and commercialization of product for our customers.
The key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Design and execute all stages of consumer centric product development – benchtop prototypes, consumer testing, conducting pilot plant trials and formula commissioning at full-scale manufacturing.
• Manage various projects to develop new fully cooked ready to eat meals, and bench top samples for sales and customer evaluation, extending to managing the project review process.
• Implement Research and Development (R&D) strategies around ingredient technologies and pipeline of innovative new products.
• Manage a dynamic project portfolio related to meat processing products.
• Plan and ensure documentation of plant trials for the successful commercialization of new products for company manufacturing.
• Identify and test new tools, technologies, processes, or ingredients to improve products or manufacturing capabilities.
• Develop products and processes with a defined Food Safety Plan.
American Custom Meats is a state-of-the-art food processing and growing West Coast based meat processor seeking R&D leadership to elevate our technical deliverables to a growing customer base and sales force. Our culture is entrepreneurial, dynamic, and fast-paced, and we seek to improve as well as prove ourselves with each new product launch.
We source the highest quality ingredients to ensure a superior product and our processing technologies and sanitary facility design ensure a safe and high-quality food handling environment.
• PTO and Sick Leave
• 401(k) plan with a company match
• An enjoyable, safe, and productive working environment
• Bachelor’s degree or in Food Science, Food Engineering, or a related field
• 8-10 years’ experience in the food manufacturing industry
• 5 years’ experience with meat-related food processing
• Knowledge of GMP’s and HACCP; HACCP Certification a plus
• Certified Food Scientist (CFS), Certified Research Chef (CRF), and/or Certified Culinary Scientist (CCS) preferred
• Proven leadership of a R & D team of 5 or more
If you would like to join our quality-driven company and take the next step in your career, then please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
American Custom Meats provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.